Applied Cells is seeking an experienced sales professional to sell our cutting-edge, cell-based screening systems for customers in biotech, pharmaceutical, and life science research organizations. Applied Cells was the first to commercialize a true high content, high throughput, High Purity (H3) platform that has found application in the areas of biologics, small molecule discovery, in vitro toxicology, Immunology as well as other high profile research areas from biomarkers to stem cells. This position offers the right candidate a key position with a technology leader in a growing marketplace.
This position will be responsible for profitably growing Applied Cells’ business by finding and closing significant business opportunities for capital instrument and reagent sales. Responsibility will include the development and execution of the sales plan in key target segments: pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and university including research, development, and clinical research, etc. This will require the use of creative motivation, coaching, skill development, product knowledge, industry knowledge, competitive knowledge and company knowledge to build and achieve the sales plan. As a member of the sales team, you will provide input regarding products, strategies and tools that affect Applied Cells’ business. This will be supported by an in-depth understanding of the target markets, their key customer needs, and differentiation of the product from the competition. This is a regional sales role that requires more than just the ability to understand and plan, it will require the personal identification and closing of specific and significant business opportunities in key accounts for the sale of the company’s unique new technology platform to government, industry and university customers. Products will range from reagents to capital sales of equipment at the $100,000+ price point.
- Work with field application scientist to assure sales targets are met
- Assure the development and execution of territory and account specific strategies
- Accurately forecast sales in the target markets and update the company CRM (Salesforce) on a weekly basis
- Develop and implement a robust step by step selling process with regular milestone reviews
- Focus the appropriate selling resources on each of the target markets
- Manage the region to build and maintain a strong funnel to meet sales forecasts
- Establish and maintain contact with key accounts/customers/industry thought leaders
- Personally select and close influential accounts
- Provide input to Sales & Marketing regarding products, strategies and tools
- Personal Attributes:
- Highly process oriented
- Dependable – tells it like it is
- Driver – loves to close big deals
- Handles autonomy well – capable of “worry free” independent operation
- Insightful – keeps a handle on what is happening with their people and their market
- Strong time and territory management skills.
- Achievement and goal-oriented
- Ability to quickly assess and qualify a sales opportunity
- BS required, advanced Life Science Degree and/or MBA a plus and a minimum of 7 years of sales experience
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our marketplace – strong understanding of cell analysis systems (high content screening and/or flow cytometry) and one or more of the following: high throughput screening, phenotyping, protein chemistry and antibody screening.
- Capital equipment ($100k+) sales experience (understand selling with budget cycles and finding the funding)
- Experience in working with executives in “C” suite a plus
- Markets experience
- Sufficient to be credible with customers
- Bring ability to do financial modeling for non-clinical opportunities
- Proven track record building a successful sales region
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Evidence of professional presentation skills
- New business development
- Key customer relationship development to include key account development
- Experience in driving sales in large complex accounts and with decision makers at all levels
- Ability to syndicate a sale within an account
- Familiarity with West coast accounts
- A valid and current driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
- Location: This position is field based. Preferential location is the London/ East UK Area.
A comprehensive compensation package, commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience, will be provided which includes base, commissions and stock options.