Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Design, prototype, build and test mechanical, robotic, fluidics, thermal components, and assemblies
- Improve existing designs to be more reliable, repeatable, manufacturable, and serviceable
- Work with manufacturing, service, and operations teams to maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade instrumentation as required
- Design and build test fixtures to characterize mechanical and fluidics system
- Generate drawings and develop work instructions for transfer to manufacturing
- Support the integration of designs with biological and chemical processes, software, and electrical systems
Required Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience. Master and Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficient in SolidWorks for CAD and FEA
- Experience with the full product life cycles from prototyping to production
- Experience designing and troubleshooting automated laboratory equipment
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Good writing and verbal communications skills
- Hands-on, self starter and ability to work effectively as a single driver and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment
- Knowledge in quality and yield control
- Data analysis and technical problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Programming/data analysis skills (Python, MATLAB, etc)
- Basic electrical engineering fabrication and design skills
- Preferred experience in medical related devices, cell processing devices, or IVD products.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products in a regulated environment
- Design experience in consumer electronics, mobile devices, medical devices, or wearable devices.
- Experience in bringing high volume products to mass production.