Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Manager of System Engineering is responsible for product development, integration, validation, and manufacture support of Applied Cells cell separation products. This is a high visibility position for a proven team player with the ability to interact with suppliers, customers, and internal teams on a global platform and at all levels. This position comes with a wide range of duties and opportunities of fast career development path.
- Manages both R&D and production engineering teams, including electrical and mechanical engineering and other technical roles, with focus on system level product development, product integration, and supportive operational responsibilities.
- Recruit and develop engineering teams to achieve company product roadmap and milestones.
- Responsible for the improvement of existing products, as well as the development of future products.
- Manages the design, prototyping, assembly, testing, reliability, and production support of company current and future products.
- Communicates with cross functional teams to coordinate and assure milestone completion.
Required Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Biomedical, or Mechanical Engineering, related fields will also be considered. Master or Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of product development experience in medical related devices, cell handling devices. or IVD technology field.
- Experience managing teams of various technical backgrounds.
- Proven hands-on experience and knowledge of product development into commercialization
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills and polished presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Solid knowledge in quality and yield control
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, with analytical skills to identify appropriate courses of action for resolution of problems that are unique, diverse and time-sensitive
- Available for up to 10% travel domestic and overseas
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced leadership with a track record of increasing responsibility including leading and building teams of technical professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products in a regulated environment.
- Experience collaborating with external partners and contract manufacturers.
- Experience of managing international teams preferred.
- Ability to analyze, resolve and reconcile ambiguous or conflicting requirements.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems and components relevant to cell separation processes, including fluidics system design.